We're looking for a Graphic Designer to strengthen our team!
29 09 2017
London, United Kingdom
Pilbrow & Partners was established in 2013, and is led by Fred Pilbrow, an architect with over 25 years' experience designing award winning projects in the UK and abroad. We currently have a team of over 50 architects, urban planners, visualisers and BIM specialists working on projects in the UK and abroad from their studio in central London.
This is an exciting opportunity to become an integral part of a rapidly expanding practice and help define and develop the practice’s future successes. In this creative and diverse role, the successful applicant will work closely with the Partners and Marketing and Communications team to further develop the practice’s visual identity. He or she will also work alongside our architectural team on a variety of projects for prestigious commercial, cultural and civic clients as well as internal presentations.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- work closely with marketing and communications developing brand guidelines and templates, and a coherent strategy across all forms of media designing the practice’s publication
- creating and updating marketing materials, including developing new creative design and communications solutions
- help designing awards entries - brochures, boards, posters etc.
- developing digital presentations
- designing promotional items - invites for events etc.
- providing technical support for InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- liaising with external printers, manage deadlines and ensure high quality results
- working closely with external web development team to improve and implement layout of web pages;
- creating project brochures for the architects and providing design assistance where needed
Qualifications, experience and skills required:
- BA in graphic design/equivalent
- familiarity with the architectural design process and the wider built environment
- experience in developing a corporate identity
- experience in protecting a corporate identity, following brand guidelines
- fluency in InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat
- knowledge and understanding of front-end digital design for web and apps
- proficiency in CAD, 3D rendering software and animation software is beneficial
- experience of infographic design is beneficial
- experience and knowledge of using Adobe After Effects or Flash is beneficial
The successful applicant must be ambitious and enthusiastic and be able to confidently and effectively communicate ideas. You will have strong analytical skills and can translate information into remarkable graphic designs, infographics and preferably also animations. You are interested in architecture and placemaking and have the ability to work independently as well as in a cross-functional team. The ideal candidate will have one - three years’ experience. Start date is as soon as possible.
Please send a content-relevant, up-to-date professional portfolio demonstrating:
- experience in print and editorial design
- experience in creating brand identities
- experience in developing supergraphics, sign design and wayfinding systems
- a keen eye for detail
- well-executed work with typography
- well-executed work using imagery
- creative design and communications solutions for relevant briefs
Email careers@pilbrowandpartners along with a covering letter, CV and portfolio (max 8mb). Please include the words ‘Graphic Designer’ in the email subject so we can effectively process your application.
Visit www.pilbrowandpartners.com to learn more about the practice.